Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1473711004

this is the most *** *** homes I've ever seen. that's why every thing is falling apart.

air unit falling through the floor as we speak. cabinets and drawer facings fall off because it's cheap made materials.

there is so much more the wood is coming through the floors. it sucks my mom and dad worked to hard for this mess but God will make it right.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 12, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - House Construction Review from Houston, Texas

I purchased a home from J.Walters in 1983 it has fallen apart flooring is thin, buckle, door falling off, kitchen cabinets fallen off the wall, this house saga, window all of them I had to replaced, the siding is falling off the exterior, the bathtub is slopping in the floor, it leans the back of this house. I know of individuals with these homes also falling apart in Waller co.

I am so disappointed about this big contract I have paid off I'm having to move out its not safe to live in it. I had plywood replaced yrs back it a sight to see, the hot water heater is down on the ground. I need my $69,000 back. I am hurt over this loss of my money.

Who can sue them? I really think the city is going to declare it to be a hazard . I stay sick all the time going to the doctor. When I was at the 18 yrs to finish paying for it final pmt Jim Walters branch would call me making up figures and wanting additional money.

This house I replaced all windows the flooring buckle up. I lost a lots of money. Isn't it so that Neatherlin Builders took over I need another home, I have nothing left for my money the clothset floors are off in two bdr.rooms It a pc. of trash.

Something keeps me sick in this house I have had to move out periodical thru the yrs and come back to patrol my assets. I do get depressed over my lost of money for this house. I would have done better with and RV and pull it out with me. I need help urgently I never invited anyone to come over I am shame to show it.

This month I going to have to decide to have it demolished my taxes are to much on this trashy house. I know an older senior that has a big hole in her hallway hers is very old I think it was built in 81 she could get injured in it the exterior is terrible.

JW homes are boxes. Email pear_rose_elegant@yahoo.com

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 09, 2016.

Comments

Yep had to replace every floor in the house ,found out I had something called powder post beetles the exterminator said it was probley built with wood already in it

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1471818023

Bathroom floor redone bedroom floor got wet and it puckle had to have it replaced windows sweat so bad it rotted had them finally replaced. Insurance company consider it as a trailer and they found someone else to under write it. My home was builded in 1970

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 21, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1470975814

Contact #for a lawyer,to filed a lawsuit against jim walter homes.can anyone help.littlejohn5960@gmail.com.i think they went out of business.jim walter is no longer in nc.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1468364482

Bastrop,Louisiana

Been in jim walter home since 1989 have had bad foundation work under company. Bastrop Louisiana

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 12, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1467481532

I had already sent in our problems on our house,just letting U know we never did receive a call back on this,& probably won't when we should.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 02, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Very poor construction

Ridgeway,Virginia

Our home we recently purchased was built in 1999. The floors squeak, some are bowed.

The supports up in the attic craw space don't even touch the main beam. The exterior walls are covered in fiber boards not plywood or particle board under the siding We live on social security and can't afford to move again. We moved in here Jan 22nd 2016. Do we have any recourse?

We just had an exterior door replaced. Doors were not properly hung and leave out the ac and heat in the winter. Was this home ever inspected along the construction?

One of the stairs is slanted and a fall hazard. What do we do?

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Thank god for the federal.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 16, 2016.

Gallatin, Tennessee, United States #1217676

I discovered the same problem, I live in Arkansas and it damp about 90 percent of the year here ,,so mold grows quickly. I noticed that the house always smelled like mildew and the nails in the walls moved (they would push them self back out of the wood and the nails would exposed themselves out of the drywall) I figured it out ,, the cheap paint or lack paint,the tar board and lap siding were the cause.

I ended up resealing the the lap siding with a

oil base sealer to prevent the water from swelling the siding ,going through tar board and swelling the 2 x 4's.

It took 2 years for the problem to stop, the mildew smell is gone and the nails have stopped moving out of the dry wall. IK don know how or they had the building drawings approved for construction in Arkansas, the issue should have been addressed through the Attorney Generals Office, but Jim Walters doent do any home construction here any more and I think they went out of business...

Pine Bluff, Arkansas, United States #1208557

The seller is obligated to disclose any "known" problems with the house. Contact a lawyer and sue the seller......?

Jim Walter Homes Home Buying Review from Jacksonville, Florida

My home was built in 2001, I purchased the home in 2005. I just recently found out that the home was not built properly and they were items left under the home.

The house was not properly build for water drain off so there is water sitting under my home with wood left there from the contractors.The wood is also a breeding ground for termites.

My floor is sinking and all the tiles are cracked eventually we will fall through the floor. I need information on suing the Jim Walters or the new company that bought them out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jim Walter Homes Home Buying.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 07, 2016.

Comments

Hey my home was built in 2005 and now the foundation is shifting obviously and the air conditioning unit was put in without a drain pan therefore the water is leaking into my walls and closets!!! Did u find a solution to your problem.

I need to sue also because this is causing major damage to my home and mold is now developing in my child’s closet. Please contact me at hudgins2007@hotmail.com

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1464794737

Turnaround Time

I bought jim walter home in 1993 and it is falling apart. Doors won't close.

Siding is breaking in pieces.

Windows are awful. Cracks in walls.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 01, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1464648622

1.4
Turnaround Time

Bought a Jim Walter home in. 2013,& there dum butts put the wrong air conditioner unit in the house, first of all the heater of it doesn't have heating strips,& it's way to small for our house,& they did the wiring wrong,& no insulation in the walls or underneath, we want something done about this please cause we shouldn't have to suffer for something they did.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 30, 2016.