Jim Walter Homes - Jim Walter home

Saspamco,Texas

i purchased a Jim Walter home in 2013 the house was developed in 2005 the roof was not made properly the perimeter of the roof has some kind of belly all the way around. the appraiser told me he has never seen this before and i need to get it fixed and that it has to deal with the way the home builder did the roof; not a cause of nature.

To add to the issue the wood studs installed in the walls were installed at different measurements, for instance a normal house will have studs 16in. apart these have no consistent number between studs.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 22, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1463843975

I want to talk to someone about buy home are let me have phone to call

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 21, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes House Construction Review from Cranford, New Jersey

I recognize all of your complaints. I have cracks in my walls.

Floors are creeping, cracking, unleveled. Floors are so terrible they cannot be repaired. The entire house will have to be torn down. The roof leaked until we had it repaired.

The floors leaked messed up carpet and molded room walls. I have had the kitchen and bathroom floors replaced.

Yes the faucets were very cheap. They leaked until I replaced them.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 18, 2016.

Comments

Any issues with the Jim Walter's homes in Florida??

Jim Walter Homes - Lousy

My uncle built a chicken coup that was a better building. When I first contacted Jim walter to build I was told start date would be in 90 days.

Well the time line took a year and I was served a lette by Jim Walter office that I was being foreclosed on and I call the main office and asked what was I supposed to pay for because there was not a house on my land. 30 days after the call the house was started and finished. The company did not want to clean up the mess that was left. Finally after me complaining the mess was cleaned up.

The construction was horrible.

They did not follow the plans that I wanted.

I was young then just starting out but I learned an important lesson. Do not agree to anything without my attorney present.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 03, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Jim Walter Home Review from Colleyville, Texas

My house was coming apart!! I had to hire another guy that did foundation to come n and put my house back together!!

His name was steve! Steve told me if I hadve waiting another week my whole house wouldve come tumbling down!! He said Jim Walters builders didn't put a long enough nail in the board and that's y it was coming apart!! I had to pay Steve 2500 dollars to keep my house from falling down!!

That's ashame!! Now I'm going to have to practically redo my whole house! floors, cabinets, sink cabinets were built out of particle boards!!

Particle boards are made of sawdust and when it gets wet it swells up n when the swelling comes down you have a huge hole in your floor!! How can anyone built a house out of sawdust!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 14, 2016.

Comments

Torrance, California, United States #1211672

my mom house is the same way.

! Get some more opinions from carpenters!

Sounds like you found another ripoff guy!! ,!

Jim Walter Homes - Jim Walter Home Review from Southmayd, Texas

Southmayd,Texas

Yes I bought a home from Jim Walter n the material they use is pitiful!! They use material call ply boards not ply wood in every room!

My house is totally falling apart!! I'm going to have to do a whole house makeover!! Ply boards is like sandwoid where when it gets wet it gets soft n swell up n there a hole in the middle of it!! Thats really sad that someone would actually build a house out of sandwood but charge you like it's a brick house!!

I wish I could file a lawsuit I would becuz it's utterly ridicoulous!! Now I understand y they went out of business!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 12, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Siding

My Jim Walters home was built in 1977. My walls inside are not straight,they have a slight lean to them.

My outside walls all so lean. I am still in the house but had to make a few repairs where I could. Particleboard for your sub flooring (not a good idea).

Once it gets wet, it buckles.

Rain got inside the house in one bedroom on the particleboard flooring, solution was just remove where it buckled and put a piece of plywood there.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 01, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1453491812

This is more information I meant to include in previous review # 775674. Some of the wood exterior boards that they used are toxic and they have rotted and falling off the house. These boards were spareradic, ie, they used two or three boards of the correct and then substitute four or five of these cheap ,toxic boards which is rotting and falling off the house.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 22, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1453481492

3.0

I had a the Victorian style house built by Jim Walter Homes. I have recently learned that some of the siding used on my house was not supposed to be used for exterior purpose and that it causes health problems.

I need for them to give serious attention to fix this problem or I will pursue further actions.

Ellarease Johnson. 229 995 3184

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 22, 2016.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1452221591

Dubberly,Louisiana
Turnaround Time

We had a jim walter home in 2009 in Louisisana. Our floor has fell out in the bathroom and now through out our home we have spongy spots everywhere..

Of course jim walter out of business here!

Is there any help out there? Please!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 07, 2016.