Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1463843975

Defuniak Springs, Florida 0 comments

I want to talk to someone about buy home are let me have phone to call

Review about: Nisa Mccollum.

Jim Walter Homes House Construction Review from Cranford, New Jersey

Cranford, New Jersey 1 comment

I recognize all of your complaints. I have cracks in my walls.

Floors are creeping, cracking, unleveled. Floors are so terrible they cannot be repaired. The entire house will have to be torn down. The roof leaked until we had it repaired.

The floors leaked messed up carpet and molded room walls. I have had the kitchen and bathroom floors replaced.

Yes the faucets were very cheap. They leaked until I replaced them.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Jim Walter Homes. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Jim Walter Homes to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jim Walter Homes and jim walter homes house construction for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Any issues with the Jim Walter's homes in Florida??

Jim Walter Homes - Lousy

Crosby, Texas 0 comments

My uncle built a chicken coup that was a better building. When I first contacted Jim walter to build I was told start date would be in 90 days.

Well the time line took a year and I was served a lette by Jim Walter office that I was being foreclosed on and I call the main office and asked what was I supposed to pay for because there was not a house on my land. 30 days after the call the house was started and finished. The company did not want to clean up the mess that was left. Finally after me complaining the mess was cleaned up.

The construction was horrible.

They did not follow the plans that I wanted.

I was young then just starting out but I learned an important lesson. Do not agree to anything without my attorney present.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Jim Walter Homes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Jim Walter Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Jim Walter Homes to other companies on our site.

Jim Walter Homes - Jim Walter Home Review from Colleyville, Texas

Colleyville, Texas 2 comments

My house was coming apart!! I had to hire another guy that did foundation to come n and put my house back together!!

His name was steve! Steve told me if I hadve waiting another week my whole house wouldve come tumbling down!! He said Jim Walters builders didn't put a long enough nail in the board and that's y it was coming apart!! I had to pay Steve 2500 dollars to keep my house from falling down!!

That's ashame!! Now I'm going to have to practically redo my whole house! floors, cabinets, sink cabinets were built out of particle boards!!

Particle boards are made of sawdust and when it gets wet it swells up n when the swelling comes down you have a huge hole in your floor!! How can anyone built a house out of sawdust!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of jim walter home. Jim Walter Homes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned jim walter home in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Jim Walter Homes.

Comments

Torrance, California, United States #1211672

my mom house is the same way.

! Get some more opinions from carpenters!

Sounds like you found another ripoff guy!! ,!

Jim Walter Homes - Jim Walter Home Review from Southmayd, Texas

Southmayd, Texas 0 comments

Yes I bought a home from Jim Walter n the material they use is pitiful!! They use material call ply boards not ply wood in every room!

My house is totally falling apart!! I'm going to have to do a whole house makeover!! Ply boards is like sandwoid where when it gets wet it gets soft n swell up n there a hole in the middle of it!! Thats really sad that someone would actually build a house out of sandwood but charge you like it's a brick house!!

I wish I could file a lawsuit I would becuz it's utterly ridicoulous!! Now I understand y they went out of business!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Jim Walter Homes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Jim Walter Homes - Siding

Beaumont, Texas 0 comments

My Jim Walters home was built in 1977. My walls inside are not straight,they have a slight lean to them.

My outside walls all so lean. I am still in the house but had to make a few repairs where I could. Particleboard for your sub flooring (not a good idea).

Once it gets wet, it buckles.

Rain got inside the house in one bedroom on the particleboard flooring, solution was just remove where it buckled and put a piece of plywood there.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1453491812

Warner Robins, Georgia 0 comments

This is more information I meant to include in previous review # 775674. Some of the wood exterior boards that they used are toxic and they have rotted and falling off the house. These boards were spareradic, ie, they used two or three boards of the correct and then substitute four or five of these cheap ,toxic boards which is rotting and falling off the house.

Review about: Jim Walter Home.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1453481492

Warner Robins, Georgia 0 comments
3.0

I had a the Victorian style house built by Jim Walter Homes. I have recently learned that some of the siding used on my house was not supposed to be used for exterior purpose and that it causes health problems.

I need for them to give serious attention to fix this problem or I will pursue further actions.

Ellarease Johnson. 229 995 3184

Review about: Jim Walter Home.

Jim Walter Homes - Simple Review #1452221591

Dubberly, Louisiana 0 comments
Turnaround Time

We had a jim walter home in 2009 in Louisisana. Our floor has fell out in the bathroom and now through out our home we have spongy spots everywhere..

Of course jim walter out of business here!

Is there any help out there? Please!

Review about: Jim Walter Homes House Construction.

Jim Walter Homes - House from ***

Jackson, Mississippi 0 comments

We was buying one of Jim Walters house [ 1100 Evans Rd in Bolton, Mississippi ] This house had illegal siding wrongful foundation it should not had been build .We filed an Complaint here in Jackson, Mississippi with [ Jim Hood the Attorney General ] The name of his office building is [ Henry S.Walters ] Who I believe is Walters Investments [ took over the name ] Jim Hood never did anything regarding the Complaint against one of his Companies Green Tree Servicing ,Walters Servicing and Walters Investments . Monies was sent from State to State Illegally and it took another State and the Federal Judge to Stop them but Not in Jackson, Mississippi its still going on as of today !

This person wrote the review because of "all the above" of jim walter home from Jim Walter Homes. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Jim Walter Homes to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was thank god for the federal, judge and lousy work on front siding. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jim Walter Homes for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.