Jim Walter Homes - Apparently I was sold a landlocked house

Turnaround Time

In June 1998 my husband and I bought a repossessed Jim Walter Home in Union County Mississippi. We knew what we were getting into as far as repairs and did them all ourselves and ended up with a nice home that we raised our children in.

We refinanced a year after purchasing and for the last 4 yrs have had the house in a lease purchase deal. The guy that is in the lease purchase deal went to try to finance the house and land through a local bank and once the lawyers started the title search it is now appearing that someone else owns the ingress and egress that is listed on our deed and that the house is landlocked.

We are stuck still paying for a house that we cannot sell and now having to deal with a guy threatening to sue us for selling him a house that is supposedly landlocked. I guess we are screwed coming and going.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jim Walter Homes Home Selling.

Reason of review: Deed problems.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Saratoga, California, United States #1346886

This is bs. You raised children in this house.

Apparently you were allowed ingress and egress. The guy who you are selling to was smart to do a title search, why didn't you do that when you bought?

You're probably going to lose the sale to this guy. You probably need to come up with some money to buy ingress and egress rights. But you bought a foreclosure for a bargain.

And owned it for years.

Take some of the blame on yourselves. You're not helpless victims here.