Jim Walter Homes - Home owner

Turnaround Time

The homes are built terribly bad everything.

Review about: Jim Walter Homes House Construction.

Jim Walter Homes - House

Hello wanted to know do u have any more house for rent to own

Jim Walter Homes - Masonite siding and warped floors

3801 W Bay to Bay Blvd, Tampa, FL 33629, USA 0 comments

The siding is rotten and the floors are warped

Review about: Jim Walter Homes Customer Care.

Jim Walter Homes - Masonite siding and warped floors

Jim walfer built my house in 1984 and the siding is rotted and the floor are terrible warped. What can i do?

Jim Walter Homes - LOVING AND LIVING IN MY JIM WALTER HOME

4.8

My Jim Walter home was built in the later part of 1989. I have absolutely NO PROBLEMS.

, as it was well built and built well, and when the Inspector came by to check the frame up and roof, he looked right at me and said "I've never seen a Jim Walter Home built this good before" and I could tell it was good also and I was a 30 yo gal at that time, hadn't ever built a home before but I read plenty about it in the House and Garden magazines then, now, 30 years later the roof has water spots in the ceiling of one bedroom and the stairway. Maybe it was because I stood there and watched Everything They Did - everyday they were there, I asked questions and I caught mistakes made by the Other contractors like the Heat and Air, they tried to get by with something,,he tried, had I not been there he would have .

Review about: Jim Walter Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: you have to know how to take care of a home or anything wether it's good or not..

I liked: Design of the homes floor plan.

I didn't like: Cheap windows.

Comments

My bathroom floors have the wrong wood on them. We have busted floor joists and just found out Jim Walter has gone out of business.

Going to cost me thousands in repairs. I'm not happy!

Jim Walter Homes - Recently widowed, Now, Almost homeless at 41

My husband & I purchased a home back in 2002. I was told it is a Jim Walters Home, at that time, I hadn’t heard anything negative.

I believe it is the sears deal days something? Not sure, I wasnt alive yet. I am currently experiencing mold due to foundation issues, the bedroom wall doesnt even meet the floor, I see daylight.. I had no idea until i pulled off the 1x6” they used for baseboard.

I am afraid to even contact the insurance company. They may condemn the whole thing. I have had common repairs such as a roof replacement, & hvac replaced & upgraded over the years, things I thought were my part in the maintenance. I have had an appraisal three years ago, & it was fine, no major issues, but now I have pulled back the wool on my eyes, & there are too many issues to list.

I dont know where to start, and I am afraid I am going to lose everything I have ever invested in my one & only home purchase. If anyone has any suggestions or anything positive to share, please feel free! I have heard good & bad about these homes, but I would run, if anyone is considering purchasing a Walters home built in the South, during the 60’s or 70’s. I am about to lost everything I have, & never saw it coming.

thanks for your time. I would definitely re-write my comment to something supporting these homes if the company chooses to do the right thing. this home was never built right to begin with. Foundation issues, mold, exterior walls arent even square, & no standard for tolernaces even..

its a nightmare I wake up to everyday, & have no idea what to do. Obviously I am not a wealthy person that can afford to rebuild this house the way I am sure Walters intended.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I'm experiencing the same thing. Only one plate was ran and it's suppose to be two plates where the walls and foundation meet.

Starting having issues with dry rot and when we pulled the siding no flashing and only ine plate. This really ticks me off.

But of course this house has age. But I haven't seen issues like this with older homes.

You cannot prove it wasn't built right. The house is getting up in age you have to repair it. You cannot live in a house and expect things won't have to be repaired.

to Anonymous #1563214

I can prove mine was not built correctly. 1600 feet, two-story, peirs only under one side of the house, no pad under the piers so the house is sinking, warped floors, not pipe in the bathtub overflows, caving in and sinking. Yes, I can prove mine was not built right.

Jim Walter Homes - Home

This woman have file a lawsuit again jim walter home n trying to get money from them she lying bout everything she doing and it fraud.

Review about: Jim Walter Homes Home Buying.

Jim Walter Homes - Love our home !

We built our home in 1992 . The builders were a man and his son in law .

We upgraded the floors windows and cabinets . Had the solid peir and beam foundation . Home is great . No problems .

Raised three kids in it and have just done regular maintenance and updates . Love the home . Had ground treated for termites . Home is sound .

We upgraded things we knew made the difference .

Refinanced in 2003 to get cheaper payments so we now deal with a bank and not their finance company . Love our home !

Review about: The Victorian.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Comments

Hey Will, try using correct grammar and punctuation before jumping on a comment.

#1419545

This is a complaint website.

It is not for apple polishing or free advertising.

Nice try.

Wrong website.

Jim Walter Homes - My expierence is pitiful

JIM WALTER HOMES ARE A JOKE!! IM going to have to almost rebuild my house all over again because the wood they used are particles boards and particle board are the cheapest wood you can buy!!

My flooirs are all particles boards and its literally fallen apart.My kitchen sink is sinking in!! Its really SAD how they charge you all that money for a house and the house isnt worth nothing

Review about: A House In November Of 1988.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Jim Walter Homes - My Floors are Disintgrating!

My JW home was built in 1999. Currently, we have an unusable bedroom because the floors are falling apart.

Upon inspection by a reputable carpentry company, we discovered the house was built on 2x8"s for a span of 30'! We have soft and sinking spots everywhere and the entire floor now needs to be torn up and replaced! Thank God we only have vinyl down, I can't imagine what it would be like for tile or other construction.

Anyone with information about how to reach Jim Walter and sue the crap out of them for poor construction, please let me know. Thanks!!

Review about: House 1999.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.