Ok as every other Jim Walter house mine has been *** since we built it in 2006!!My dream home yeah right it's my NIGHTMARE!

It started out with our a/c freezing up in the first 3 months! They sent over people that wasn't even on the Jim Walter warranty repair list. Ok so cracks in my walls that they have patched 3 times now and guess what? Ithey cracked again.

I also have bumps in my floor because it is out of level and they have been here at least 3 times to fix that. Doors stick real bad and I was also told gutters were my issue for the foundation so I got the gutters and still ***!! I have called and emailed them for 2 days now again but now they are not calling me back! I have been so upset I've even considered letting it foreclose, I have never missed a paymen I just want what I paid for not some *** for a dream home.

I have spoke with Hector gonzales and he told me to gather 4 more families with homes in my area and he will take them down again!So please if you live near Alvin tx brazoria county email me at::: Jodiemichaelh@Hughes.net thank you and god bless mike

Comments

Roanoke, Virginia, United States #688435

I live in a Jim Walters home in Roanoke, VA and I love it. I didn't have it built from the ground up but found it (standing) in place on a one half acre lot within the beautiful city of Roanoke, VA. My home is a stick built house. It was moved from the Jim Walters site in Salem, VA to a 1/2 acre lot within the city of Roanoke. The city of Roanoke has rigorous specification as to building codes relative the building of houses situated within the city limits. No shell houses. The builders (movers) had to pay the city of Roanoke (through the nose) and comply with all building specifications before and after this house was established within the City Limits of Roanoke. This house was not granted a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) until all specifications were met.

I have lived in my home since November 1999. It was built in 1993. I am the first to ever live in this house. My understanding is it was used as a model (of what you can expect) home on the Jim Walters site in Salem, VA. It was purchased (in completed form) by a builder/mover and established on a 1/2 acre lot owned by the builder/mover within the city limits of Roanoke, VA. This three bedroom home sold for approximately $79.950. It is a stick built home, not modular. My home consists of approximately 1500 square feet. I feel blessed by the fact that the city of Roanoke subjected this house to stringent building code specifications. My heart goes out to those homeowners who've had a bad experience dealing with Jim Walters (Homes, Inc). I would be interested in learning about the city codes in effect within their perspective areas. I know here in VA the building codes standards applicable to houses situated within the city of Roanoke were not applicable to those houses outside the jurisdictional limits of the city of Roanoke. I think the same is still true today...

I personally know of another person in Roanoke that bought a JW house but who simply refuses to maintain the property. The property was beautiful when initially purchased in 2000 (built in 1990 also moved from Jim Walters site in Salem, VA). The house on this property has needed a new roof for at least the last five years yet nothing has been done. The shingles blow off this house and the homeowners sometimes put them back on or uses tarps and bricks to cover the holes in the roof. Jim Walters can't be blamed for the failure to maintain on the part of some homeowners, right? The gutter system on this property is also in need of replacement yet nothing has been done to repair/replace the gutter system. I viewed this property when it was on the market during my (own) house search and I tell you it was a beautiful house (Madison model). Who can estimate the present measure of damage directly attributable to water pouring through the roof over the course of years? I love my Jim Walters home and consider myself blessed to have found this very affordable home. I used my VA Home Loan to purchase this property and I believe it was one of the best decisions I ever made. My home and property are now valued in excess of $130,000.00. Yes, I've maintained the property, even on my limited budget. I've made a conscious choice to put money, I could have easily used to by new car and other things, into my home. Step by step these choices have paid off for me. Well, that's all I have, thanks for listening.---- NOTHING FOLLOWS> :) :) :)

They quit building homes when Mr Walter passed a few years ago.My home was built in 2004 that when I got in.

I signed the papers in 2002 was told 6 months you'll be in your home. When finished I wouldn't sign the papers and was threaten by the project manager with a law suit. I should have said go a head, but dumb me signed. Just wanted to be in my house.

Now I'm giving it back, can't take it anymore.Best thing they ever did quit building

My husband purchased our home in 2000 and it is a mess!!The floors are gapping with cracks,the walls around my doors are FULL of cracks that are running up my wall toward my ceiling!!My bathrooms....ummmm...where to start??The tiles are pulling away from the grout,my soap dishes are cracked,the tiles are pulling away from my tubs!!My front porch is literally falling apart,the nails are popping out of the wood!!

My plumbing and electrical are great,we had independent contractors do that...(my husband and brother-n-law...The foundation??....well...I shouldn\'t even go there...Lets put it this way,my WHOLE HOUSE is jacked up!!!I have been warning everyone I know!!

I think that its *** poor to take advantage of people that work hard for what they have...A large company like that,to be crooked,I think that any money made off of these so called homes should belong to the people that got screwed over not JWH(JimWalterHomes)!!!!!I live in Tennessee..If you\'re from the surrounding area please email me@ var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy87522 = 'gailtherocker' + '@'; addy87522 = addy87522 + 'yahoo' + '.' + 'com' + '.' + '' + '.' + '' + '.' + 'Together'; document.write( '' ); document.write( addy87522 ); document.write( '' ); we can make a difference!!

#207615

have a vvery crappy JWH home. Glidden TX

#202266

:grin there is no chance of Jim Walter companies actually fixing your home if they were going to do the right thing none of us would be here right now the only way to win against them is to have an Attorney and show the courts that your house is defective

#202187

as for c reeber he is now President of the crppy houses look at google earth at 5316 clouds peak drive in lutz florida thats c reebers house he gets paid to snow blow us and call walter energy n ask for him he will blow smoke at you then over drinks laugh that he has conned another family

I built a JW stilt home in 1985, it was built backwards on my lot, they tried to fix it but it shook so bad everytime I did laundry the lamps fell off the end tables.somebody walking up the stairs was the best "alarm"...

the house shook. I did manage to get my $$ for the lot and improvements back. Only because I was so close to a major road in our town and threatened to paint lemons on the house. BUT!!

it still is standing.go figure.

contact me i have e-mailed Jodiemichaelh@Hughes.net i work for a major architectural and engineering company and have a jim walters home and you are right they are built like ***. in fact we caught the crew that built ours drinking on the job and later at another site one member was arrest for attempted rape.

I was raised in a jim walter home..it's now 50+ years old and doing great. I think its all about the quality of the workforce in the area at the time.

I strongly agree with them being crappy houses.My husband and I gave the prior complaints from consumers the benefit of the doubt and went ahead and built a Jim Walter home, which is our first home, and what a Big Mistake that was.

Our home was built in 2008 and the walls and ceilings are cracking along with the baseboards coming loose. The sub floor boards squeak when you walk. The sheetrock has ceiling nails popping through. The counter tops are coming loose from the walls and the list could go on.

Before they went out of business we called to have some of the issues listed above fixed and they sent out some (So Called) contractor if you will, to make a long story short, to make more problems instead of fixing them.

We have considered hiring an attorney.:upset

EmaIl me I have cell numbers.I am going though so called repairs now!

I was told I needed to bring in dirt and slope it away from my piers to keep my house from settling..a jw so called engineer came out, we will see!!

Hope they are right.Jodiemichaelh@Hughes.net

I DO BELIEVE THAT JIM WALTER HOMES ARE OUT OF BUISNESS. THAT EXPLAINS WHY. CRAPPY HOUSES..

#121977

How can I contact C Reeber of Walter Energy? All of my Jim Walter numbers (salesperson, office, contractor, etc.) are no longer working numbers.

I'm not out for just money I just want my house repaired by a reputable company!!!!

DO NOT THINK THAT BECAUSE A ATTORNEY HAS WON IN THE PAST THAT THE HOMEOWNERS WON ASK PRIOR HOMEOWERS WHO WON THEY WILL SAY THE ATTORNEY TOOK MOST OF THE MONEY AND THEY STILL HAVE DEFECTIVE HOUSES THE WAY TO GET THE HOUSE FIXED IS TO TALK TO THE PERSON AT THE TOP THATS C REEBER AT WALTER ENERGY AND TELL HIM WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR HOUSE